The heating and cooling systems in most houses are perhaps the most costly to replace if damaged, This is why it is so important that you are doing everything possible to maintain and extend the life of your system on a regular basis. To keep your HVAC system operating efficiently, the steps are easier than you might even realize.
Consider this five step plan for keeping your heating and cooling system operating at a peak state brought to us by the leaders in air conditioning repair Myrtle Beach:
1. The first and easiest thing that you can do to maintain the HVAC system is cleaning or replacing the air filters. The dirty air filter makes it harder for the central air system to push treated air into the house. The harder the system needs to work, the faster those moving parts are all going to start breaking down. Clean the filter monthly, replace it quarterly.
2. If you can feel any leaking air coming from the seams along the interior air handler, run a long strip of duct tape over that location. The air will not be able to escape the casing and it will then be forced into your house so the desired temperature is achieved faster requiring less energy.
3. Check that all the air vents are in the open position inside every room of the house. Don’t believe the myth that you conserve energy closing vents in rooms not in use. What is happening is you are forcing the air handler to try and move the air down the blocked duct work, and the harder it works, the longer it runs unnecessarily. The system is designs to work perfectly with all the vents in the open position.
4. Take a close look at the fan unit on the outside of the house. This unit must be free of all debris, so air can circulate without obstructing the movement of the fan blades. Keep a clearance of a foot around the whole unit at all times.
5. To limit the time your system is running in the house, be sure you do an inspection of all windows and doorways for drafts. If air can escape, you are paying to run the system longer than need be. Seal up those openings so treated air stays in the house longer and reduces the need for your HVAC system to keep running.
These five step plan for keeping your heating and cooling system operating at a peak state are easy if you make certain you perform this routine on a regular basis. For more info visit: AirMechanicalMB.com